Friday, September 20, 2013

I must be crazy !!!!!

Yes, I must be certifiably insane. Why?? SOMEONE (insert my name here) decided it would be a good idea to make ghost chile hot sauce inside the house. Oh the windows ARE open and fans going like crazy but still.........the ingredients: vinegar, ghosts, garlic, salt. I think that might also be the recipe for napalm but I'm not sure.



Ever since the Chef and I discovered all the different hot peppers out there I have been wanting to make a Tabasco/Franks type sauce with super hots. I have read, met chileheads and shared recipes, and researched the internet like crazy. Finally, I have settled on what I think, and HOPE, will be successful.

So if you're brave enough.........

approximately 20-30 ghost chiles, stems removed 
3 cups white or cider vinegar
8-10 cloves of garlic
1 tb kosher salt.



Combine all in a saucepan. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer about 45 mins to an hour. Peppers will be very tender. Let cool overnight.



Blend or run thru a food processor, strain thru fine sieve and pack in bottles or 4 oz canning jars. Lasts in the fridge a long time, but you can process in a BWB for 10 minutes, after reheating the sauce first.

** Note- I scooped mostly peppers and garlic into the processor, pureed, then added vinegar from the pot til I got the consistency I wanted, a little body and not as runny. It is EXTREMELY hot and please taste test a TINY bit before you dump it in your hot wings.




Good luck !!!!! This sauce is VERY VERY hot !!!!



And I HIGHLY recommend you get your fresh ghost peppers from www.ghostpepperfarms.com and NOWHERE else. I guarantee, you will NOT find better peppers, faster service or a nicer guy than the owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment