Sunday, November 6, 2011

Goin' Bananas !!!!

It's not even WINTER yet and this girl has a serious case of cabin fever !!! I wanted to do some exploring in the area- partly because we haven't explored much at all, and I have a map of ghost towns in Guthrie County, and partly because our part of the state is so important to my new job- I need to get out and see the counties and towns.

But, alas, it wasn't meant to be this weekend and Sunday was spent mostly in jammies on the couch watching football. No Vikings this week so I just cheered for the Saints, Chiefs and Packers instead.

I haven't cooked much lately, haven't posted much, and was feeling a little neglectful of that. Plus, everytime I walked through the kitchen I could feel the sad eyes of two brown, overly ripe, sad bananas just BEGGING me to do something with them. So I knew I needed to do SOMETHING today.



So I went into the Room of Doom to try and find a loaf pan. Banana bread sounds good, right ? Ha !! Which box has the loaf pans ? Who knows...... so banana nut muffins then ? But where is the muffin pan ? Sigh........in the Room of Doom I'm sure. But then I remembered- I had been at a garage sale earlier this summer !! I bought a mini muffin pan (didn't NEED it but it was a quarter !!) and I KNEW that was in the kitchen. So, Banana Nut Mini Muffins it is.


Banana Nut Mini Muffins

1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 beaten egg
1/2 cup milk
1 cup mashed banana
1/2 cup chopped nuts

In large bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside. Mash bananas in a small bowl.


Chop nuts and toss in bowl with flour. Combine beaten egg, oil and milk in small bowl. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened, batter should be lumpy. Add banana. Prepare muffin cups, fill 2/3 full. Bake at 400 degree about 10 minutes or until golden brown.



How did they turn out ?? Yummy !!!!

How did the day of football turn out ? The Saints won, the Packers won and the Chiefs let me down.....now come on Ravens !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment