Thursday, October 27, 2011

I'm all about recycling !!!

Recycling. Going green. Electric cars (speaking of which, our little Chevy dealer in Stuart had a Chevy Volt on the lot yesterday- I really liked it !!!). Those seem to be the big buzzwords these days. So, not wanting to be socially irresponsible, I've decided to do a little recycling of my own tonight. Food recycling that is !!

You might remember a couple weekends ago I had a little all-day cookathon for myself. The Four Raviolis (sounds like superheros doesn't it ?). One of them was a seafood ravioli with a yummy filling of ricotta cheese, shrimp, crab and langostino. I had more filling than I needed so I tucked it away in the freezer for safekeeping. While sitting at work today munching on Puffcorn my mind wandered into the freezer......and thought about that filling......and since the grocery store is right next to my office, I toddled over there and grabbed a package of mushrooms.

Once I got home the rest was easy- thaw the filling til it's soft enough to spoon/mound. Melt a little butter. Mix some dry breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and parsley in a shallow dish. Pull out the mushroom stems. Mound the seafood filling in the mushrooms, dip the tops in the crumb mixture, drizzle with melted butter and bake. Voila !!! Seafood stuffed mushrooms, or as an environmentalist might say, Mushrooms with Recycled Seafood Stuffing.

No comments:

Post a Comment