Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Boozing it up for breakfast

I promise, I will NOT bombard you with canning recipes this season (unless something really awesome comes along) but this is one I HAD to share.



Since it's summer alot of people are relaxing on vacation, perhaps a beachy location with a boozy, fruity cocktail with a cute little umbrella stickin' out of the glass. This jam reminds me a lot of that exact sort of summer beverage and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Strawberry Peach Schnapps Jam

2 1/2 cups crushed strawberries (measure after crushing)
4 1/2 diced/crushed peaches 
1 pack Sure Jell Pectin (this is the brand I used)
1/2 c Peach Schnapps
7 c sugar.

Combine fruits, pectin and schnapps in large pot. 

Man.......I wish you could smell this !!!

Bring to rolling boil stirring constantly. Add sugar all at once, mix well, return to boil and boil for one minute. Remove from heat and divide among prepared sterilized jars, fix lids and rings, and process for 10 minutes.

What I learned:
1. Buying my strawberries weeks ago, cutting them up and freezing them was an awesome idea.
2. Thawed frozen peaches are very much like a sorbet and not very chunky. Next time I will use fresh peaches.
3. It is EXTREMELY hard not to stick a straw in the pot and just DRINK the mixture. It smelled HEAVENLY.
4. I am in love with boozy jams and will be working on future combos!! I have a couple in mind already !!


1 comment: