Sunday, August 14, 2011

It's Salsa Time- and I don't mean dancing !

Batch 1 of three is in the BWB as I type......I used a recipe from Washington State University's Extension office because it made the best use of ingredients I have and didn't require me to weigh everything and was very very simple .

TOMATO CHILE SALSA
...............
10 cups peeled, seeded, diced tomatoes
6 cups diced peppers (see note below)
4 cups diced onion
1 cup vinegar
3 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
...............
Combine all ingredients in large stockpot, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
Pour hot salsa into hot jars, fix lids and process in BWB 25 minutes
...............
**** NOTE**** The recipe noted that you should use whatever mix of peppers you prefer to acheive the desired heat level. My 6 cups of peppers contained gypsy peppers, 3 hot banana peppers, 2 Chile de Arbol peppers, 5 jalapenos, one Jamaican Yellow Mushroom Pepper, one Ghost Chile and one Trinidad Scorpion chile.


Pretty orange, yellow and red tomatoes.

This mix of sweet and hot peppers went into the salsa

It looks so pretty but is deceptively EVIL and hot !


No comments:

Post a Comment