Sunday, September 9, 2012

Bread Making 2.0

After the bread failure last time I broke out the bread machine I decided it was time to set out and find the perfect bread recipe. I found a totally new recipe this time and it wasn't quite PERFECT but it was much much better than the last bread making experience.

I started my search online. I have a bread making cookbook SOMEWHERE in my Room of Doom in a box, but finding it would be just about impossible. So an online search was my only option. The website www.food.com had a great and simple recipe and I had every ingredient on hand, so that's what I went with.

Country White Bread

1 cup water, plus more
1 tb water (70-80 F)
1 large egg
4 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
3 1/4 cup bread flour, plus more
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp yeast


I layered the ingredients in my bread machine as the manual says, flour in the middle, sugar, salt.
In a small bowl I beat the egg lightly and mixed in the oil and poured that on the side of the flour
mixture in the pan. Then I added the water all around and made a small indentation in the flour
and added the yeast.

Then setting my machine on the white bread cycle, I walked away and enjoyed some of the
beautiful sunny day on the patio.



Three hours later I had pretty nice little loaf of bread to go with dinner !!



No comments:

Post a Comment