Sunday, September 23, 2012

Zombies Revisited

Ohhhhhhh Zombie Burger.......how I love you so. Your naughty menu of ridiculously high calorie yummies makes me happy.  So today's visit to Zombie Burger after visiting the World Food Festival I wasn't exactly starving but my nephew hadn't ever been there so.......



The menu is the most creative you will find almost anywhere. The burgers are just ....... well..... unusual combinations.

We started off with a couple cocktails. Jeremy had The Zombie, a combo of two kinds of rum, Cointreau and cherry liquer. I had the Blood Tang Martini, Three Olives Rang Tang Vodka, Cointreau, Blood Orange puree and lime, garnished with a drizzle of blood colored candy goo.



My nephew had the "They're Coming To Get You Barbara" burger.......a frightening combination of two patties (double tap), cheese, caramelized onions, bacon, and two grilled cheese sandwiches instead of a bun.



It's........unspeakable.



My choice was the 28 Days Later Burger, with bleu cheese, caramelized onions, lettuce, tomatoes and mayo. MUCH more manageable.



I'll just say.......too too much food after the food festival.

Jeremy, however, polished off the evening with an adult milkshake- The Tallahassee- vanilla ice cream, Twinkie, cherry kool aid powder and vanilla vodka.



It was the perfect ending to the perfect Aunt/Nephew Day !!





No comments:

Post a Comment